Dr. Richard Amy
Applied Neurology Expert
Dr. Amy is an instructor, educator, researcher, author, inventor and innovator in the health care field. His pioneering efforts have advanced treatment care understanding and plans through his applied neurology and neurological restoration approach. Whether it be maladies involving the oral cavity, head, neck, shoulder or anywhere else in the body, Dr. Rick has documented success in his unique approach. Health dysfunctions involving autism, sleep apneas (central or peripheral), attention deficit disorder and or other conditions can improve or be resolved as a result of Dr. Rick's ground breaking approach and solutions.
Having worked with clinical trial and case study design and reporting metrics, his prior efforts resulted in the first FDA clearance for the therapeutic uses of low level laser therapy. Since that time, he has catapulted his neurological restoration techniques using lasers and other modalities as well as to other specific areas of interest including various types of apneas.
As a practitioner, Dr. Rick's background includes breadth and depth of experience in: functional neurology, orthopedics, sports medicine, general medicine, dentistry, nutrition, rehabilitation, plastic surgery and molecular sciences. As an instructor, educator and lecturer, Dr. Amy has been a dominant figure in the Continuing Education arena over the past two decades and is considered an expert in functional neurology correction and functional lesion identification spanning across many healthcare disciplines.
Using a combination of incorporating traditional standards for care with an overlay of objective differentiation metrics, Dr. Rick is often able to resolve conditions using methods that are both therapeutic and diagnostic at the same time. His preference liens towards conservative care which is both safe and non-invasive.
Since entering practice in the mid 90's, Dr. Rick has not only instructed professionally on a global basis but has volunteered his time at clinics and hospitals around the world. During the past several years, he has focused considerable attention on cellular oxygenation and its role on health maladies as a byproduct of central and peripheral sleep apneas, as well as concomitant relationships with peripheral and centrally mediated pain.
As an innovator and inventor, Dr. Rick designed and created one of the most successful dental pain, headache and migraine cessation programs and lead the organization as the key instructor for the better part of a decade. Now heavily involved with conscious considerations for sleep disturbances and complex issues around same, Dr. Rick is a strong proponent of early intervention.
His bedside manner and patient election to care process is unmatched and the combination of the two help lead patients through the obstacles presented in the healthcare hierarchy. In particular, Dr. Rick is a great listener and a big proponent of detailed history information allowing him to more specifically understand the genesis of a disease process. Relative to dentistry, Dr. Rick's contributions in oral and central pain management techniques may well prove to be one of the most significant advancements in Dental Medicine in the 21st century.
* Founder and Instructor of the Applied Neurology Certification Program
* University of San Francisco - Post Graduate Clinical Neurology Program Board Qualified
* Chief Medical Director for TruDenta & Dental Resource Systems
* CAM Outreach Doctor for Hospital Regional, Delicias, Mexico
* Therapeutic Low Level Laser Researcher and Study Design for First Low Level Laser FDA clearance in the United States
* Organized two (2) double blind, 100 patient, randomized, multi-clinic, placebo controlled study for chronic pain
* Instructed laser assisted surgeries including liposuction & rhinoplasty
* Consulted for burn and wound healing efficacy and FDA approval submission for low level laser
* Authored numerous white papers on health care, pain management, and neurology
* Author of The Low Level Laser Protocol Book
* Author of Therapeutic Laser Applications for Injury Management
* Pulsed Electro-Magnetic Therapy Researcher and Study Design for pre-FDA submission of data
* Research Fellow for Applied Neurology and developed specific protocols for:
* Trained over 15,000 healthcare practitioners world wide across Dentistry, Oral Medicine, Orthodontics, General Medical, Cosmetic, Neurological and other Disciplines